LEEDŽ Project Management
Provident professionals manage the entire LEEDŽ process, from project inception through to certification. Our services include:
- Lead integrated design facilitation meetings to define Owner's sustainable goals.
- Provide technical support to design and construction teams, including interpretation of credit intent and assistance with calculations and submittals.
- Manage all letter templates, background calculations, and audit materials.
- Prepare submission package, complete with project narrative, template binder, drawings, schematics, and background materials.
Building Energy Modeling
Building energy modeling provides a means to evaluate the energy efficiency of a proposed building design and determine the impacts of various design changes. Energy modeling is a key part of an integrated design process and is a required prerequisite for LEEDŽ.
Potential services include:
- Investigate impact of various design options on energy consumption.
- Demonstrate compliance with LEEDŽ prerequisite and earn LEED® energy credits.
- Secure government and utility-sponsored financial incentives, including BBP-NC, HPNC, and DAP.
- Demonstrate energy code compliance including Ontario Building Code SB-10.
Energy Measurement and Verification
Measurement and verification (M&V) provides for the ongoing accountability and optimization of building energy consumption. M&V offers a credit under LEED® for new buildings. Our scope includes:
- Review controls, mechanical and electrical equipment design to define equipment and quantities to be monitored for each of the required end uses.
- Prepare periodic energy savings reports during the first year of operation, summarizing predicted vs. actual energy savings and identifying any major discrepancies.
Building Systems Commissioning
Commissioning is a quality control process to ensure the owner's functional and sustainability goals are met. Commissioning is a required prerequisite under LEEDŽ. Our full scope of service includes:
- Assemble and review the owner's requirements and basis of design.
- Prepare a commissioning plan including construction checklists.
- Perform independent peer reviews of design and construction documents.